Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What is reality?

The more we explore the concepts of our class "Life Online" the more I begin to question reality and the power of our minds. I think about the concept of our physical reality versus virtual reality or alternative reality, and though I know there is a difference, I wonder how much of our physical reality is constructed. Could it be like in cyber punk films that our so-called reality is imaginary? Could it be like the film Matrix? Or like inception? Are we all just dreaming?
Many anthropologists have explored the human desire or need to achieve altered states of consciousness by many means. Our ancestors resorted to hallucinogenic drugs, dreams, and trances. Today we are technologically advance to achieve an alternative reality by other mediums.
Yet, I remember a quote from the following film which really makes me wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment